Healthy Christmas Desserts
Christmas is the most exciting period of the year when people usually overindulge and enjoy good food. If you do not want to gain extra weight during this festive period, then good thing to know is that there are a few healthy desserts for you to try and enjoy. The following are a few healthy Christmas desserts that are both delicious and easy to prepare.
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies without gluten are favorite dessert to many that want to taste something healthy, yet tasty. Instead using white sugar for making these cookies, they are made by using coconut sugar, apple sauce and chia seeds. Cookies are less sugary and do not contain fats, but are still sweet enough to satisfy your needs.
- Pumpkin cheesecake is another healthy dessert that sounds like it’s full of calories, but it really isn`t. The key is to swap a few main ingredients with healthier alternatives. Pumpkin is very healthy and contains many helpful nutrients, but most of the popular pumpkin desserts have very little pumpkin them. However, in this dessert a real pumpkin is used and some spices are added for extra flavor. Instead of using cream cheese you should use non-fat cheese and you will make an extra-delicious pumpkin cheesecake.
- No-bake bites made of coconut are very nice dessert that you can make in no time. These bites or small cookies do not have to be baked, as all you need to do is just shred some coconut, mix it with coconut oil, add vanilla and some sweetener that you like, blend all that for a bit and there you have it.
- Popcorn brittle is healthy Christmas dessert because you remove peanuts from it. Peanuts are full of calories and fat, but when you remove them you can enjoy healthy snack low in calories. Of course, brittle has sugar, but you can use something different and try another alternative as well. If some of your closest ones are allergic to peanuts, then this is perfect recipe to make for the holiday season.
- Star Mint Meringues are very tasty dessert. What makes them great is that they can be made very quickly just by whipping egg-whites and using a little bit of sugar. Cookies do not contain fat at all and are very low on calories. You can add some spice or extract if you want an extra flavor, but they will taste good any way you make them.
- Pomegranate-Vanilla Parfaits is a perfect dessert for any occasion. It is easy to make, simple and delicious. Use some plump pomegranates to make a pudding, add some yogurt and you are done. You can also add a little bit mint or peppermint for spicier flavor or you can experiment with other extracts as well.
These were a few interesting Christmas desserts for you to try during the holiday season. All of them have in common that they are healthy, but still taste really good. Grab a bite and enjoy the holidays.
Be the First to comment.